Privacy & Cookies Policy
‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to ‘Jackie’s Yoga North London’.
‘member’, ‘subscriber’, ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘you’re’ refers to a person who has either electronically registered via our email/website or completed a paper booking information form to attend classes with ‘Jackie’s Yoga North London‘.
‘booking information form’, is the paper or electronic form you were required to sign and submit with a booking fee.
‘Personal Information’ means any data/information you have provided directly or indirectly that identifies you including but not limited to:
first, middle and last name (if applicable);
postal, trading and/or business address;
health information; and/or
any other demographic information
Any information you provide will be held for our own use only and not knowingly disclosed to any third party in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 unless we are required by law to do so.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our website is SSL protected meaning that when you contact us through the website, all your details are encrypted before being transmitted to us.
Data Protection Act 2018 Compliance
This is how we are protecting your data and your rights:
- Consent and the storing and processing of data by us: By booking on to one of our classes, courses or workshops you consent to your personal information being held by us electronically or in paper form. This is only for the purpose of processing your booking and sending you details of the classes, courses or workshops you are attending.
- Right to be forgotten: Let us know if you do not want to continue to attend our classes or courses by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org, in which case we will permanently delete all data we hold about you unless we are required to hold this information by law
- Right to object: We do not use your data for any other reason than to send you information about your courses/classes or to send you newsletter or other event information. If you want to opt out of being sent our newsletter or event information you may unsubcribe using a link at the bottom of our newsletter or events emails
- Right to rectification: You may access, update, correct, amend or delete the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us on email@example.com
- Right of portability: We will export your account data to a third party at any time on your request
What we collect and store when you place an order with us
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, payment type and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
We accept all payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We do not store your credit card details.
Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
|This is the cookie we use to stop the cookie message displaying each time you visit the site.
Please also see the cookies set by WooCommerce when you make an order.
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For more information about cookies see: www.allaboutcookies.org
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a period of time.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.